I collect information from posts I read just like I collect old parts from broken engines. This information is offered in good faith, but with no guarantees.
- NAPA Part No. for the rebuild kit is 778-615A. This covers several ZENITH carburetors. They are series 61-62-67-68-161-267-63-63M-263M.
- Old carb kit, NAPA Echlin 2-1554
- New carb kit, NAPA Echlin 2-1555
These have all been reported to work:
- Borg Warner E40BAP
- BWD E81
- Delco Remy D15
- Delco 070FLX
- Echlin IC64
- Filko UC101HS
- Mitech OI-126
- NAPA IC14 (internal resistance)
- NAPA IC64SB
- Niehoff DR-180 (standard)
- Niehoff UN171 (epoxy heavy duty)
- Pertronix 40511
- Prestolite 5-10
- Regitar RUC15
- Standard UC15
- Wells C804
- Zenith 5-501BB
Oil Pressure Shutoff Switch
Used to kill the power to an electric fuel pump if the oil pressure goes down (usually indicating the engine is no longer running)
- Borg-Warner, part number S383 (Oil Pressure Switch) (set to cut out when oil pressure drops to between 7.5 and 2.0 psi.)
- Echlin part number 6616 Bought from NAPA, price about $15.00 in 2002.
- Hobbes (76576-10 n.o.) oil pressure safety switch (10PSI/Normally Open/2 Terminal) - NAPA #7011608
Valve Cover Vent
The curved hose venting the crankcase to flame arrester is NAPA part # 7378 at your local NAPA auto parts store. It is a formed 90 degree hose that fits the valve cover fitting, but is slightly too long. Cut about 1" off that end then cut the other end at about 45 degrees to meet the flame arrester.
Direct temperature gauge
If you want to find a screw in mechanical temperature gauge here is one you can purchase for about $15.00 from a plumbing supply/HVAC company. It is direct screw in without the need for an adapter as the thread is exact for the front of the Atomic 4.
Wal Rich Corporation, Corona, NY "Snap-Well Hot Water Thermometer" Part # 1722015 Face Size 2.5" Temp Range: 32 - 248 F (with corresponding Centergrade scale.) Probe: Aluminum
The engine stop cable for Yamaha Diesel engines fits the A4 choke cable.
Since Teleflex bought Morse, there doesn't seem to be any other options. The shift cable on A4 was usually a Morse 63C or 64C.
- Sealand in Linden NJ at 800-225-0004. Ask for the guy that makes control cables. The shifter cable for an A4 is 5/16 cable due to the large force needed. You will also need to specify the length which should be on the cable covering.
Most of the throttle cables were 33 series Morse Cables. If the cable is red it probably has number on it somewhere. Something like "33C 7", mine was replaced a couple years ago and I believe that was the Morse number. The 3 was the model, the second 3 was the throw length, C stood for clamp on the end as opposed other types of ends and the 7 was the length. But Morse has now gone away, being merged with Teleflex.
Fuel Polishing Filter
NAPA #3032 - 5/16" I.D fuel line (#3031 for 1/4" I.D. fuel line) for the all metal in-line fuel "polishing" filter like the one Moyer sells. (per NAPA, they filter down to 12 microns)